Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Set Them Free!

I know this post is probably just preaching to the choir but I just had to get it out there.  What is the deal with the packaging and security measures toy companies take to keep those toys in the packages.  Are the toys actually meant to be taken out and played with or what?  For the most part these toys are in heavy duty cardboard boxes, do they also need to be cordoned off with super strength high tension wire,  secured with NASA grade clear tape and hard plastic shells.  My one year old got this little Mega Blocks pirate ship which literally took me twenty minutes to set free from it's stronghold.  And I didn't even make it out unscathed, just a little nick on my finger but it bled for an hour and still hurts today.  I really don't understand the philosophy behind it, any kid should be able to see his or her toy in the box, hand it over to Daddy and be playing with it within five seconds, not an hour later and after learning ten new curse words screamed from Daddy's mouth while he struggled to open it!  Just set them free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment